As a new motorcycle rider here in the Lynchburg, VA area, safety should always be your top priority. To help you stay safe out on the road, Parr Insurance Services is happy to help.
Here are some essential riding tips to follow:
1. Always wear the proper gear – this includes a helmet, eye protection, and heavy-duty boots and gloves. Wearing the right gear can ensure that you’re not only more visible to other drivers but also protected in case of an accident.
2. Follow the rules of the road – obey all traffic laws and signals and stay within speed limits so you don’t put yourself or other motorists at risk.
3. Take it slow – before taking on any long rides or open roads, practice in an open area so you can become familiar with your bike’s capabilities and better understand how to handle it in different situations.
4. Stay alert – keep your eyes on the road at all times and be aware of your surroundings; anticipate what other drivers might do so you can react quickly if needed.
5. Remain visible – make sure to ride with your headlights on during daytime hours and use reflective clothing or tape to make yourself more noticeable while riding after dark.
These tips will hopefully help you stay safe while out on the open road! As a new rider, it’s important to take the time to learn proper safety techniques before embarking on any long rides – this will ensure that everyone stays safe and injury-free!
Reach Out To Us!
For more safety tips or to explore a policy to cover your bike, give us at Parr Insurance Services a call today. We proudly serve the Lynchburg, VA area.