Request a Quote
Servicing These States
LATEST INSURANCE NEWS
RV Insurance in Virginia
- Home »
- RV Insurance
Whether you are using your RV as a recreational camping vehicle or a home, it’s essential to take out an RV insurance policy. This is because standard auto policies don’t cater to the unique needs of RV vehicles.
RV coverage varies depending on the vehicle’s use (recreational use or full-time residence) and how the vehicle is operated. For example, RV owners using a motorhome need different liability policies from those pulling a travel trailer.
The latter can use a regular liability policy, while the former must take out a different policy. We look at the basic types of RV insurance covers available at Parr Insurance Services.
The cover protects RV owners from loss after an accident. It covers a range of costs, including:
- Third-party medical costs: If the other party is injured, the cover pays for emergency transport, follow-up care, and medical care costs
- Property damage cost: If the RV owner hits another vehicle and damages it, the liability insurance covers the costs of repairing or replacing the car
- Lawsuits: If the third party files a lawsuit against you, the insurance covers the legal costs associated with the suit
- Collision Insurance This cover compensates an RV owner for damage caused by a run-in with an object or a vehicle crash, regardless of who’s at fault. Collision coverage also includes motorhome or RV rollovers, and it is mandatory for RV owners leasing their vehicles.
- Comprehensive RV Insurance The cover protects an RV owner from loss caused by damage to their RV or motorhome during accidents that don’t involve colliding with other vehicles or objects. For example, a comprehensive policy helps cover the loss if a storm or hail damages your RV. The policy covers damage caused by factors such as:
- Fire or explosions
- Falling objects
- Hail or natural disasters
- Collision with animals
If planning to purchase insurance for your RV, motorhome, camper van, or travel trailer, visit Parr Insurance Services today. Our staff is ready to help you take out a suitable insurance policy.