GET A QUOTE
Servicing These States
LATEST INSURANCE NEWS
Home Insurance in Virginia
- Home »
- Home Insurance
Parr Insurance Services is a privately owned insurance agency with offices in Scottsville and Lynchburg. Our ‘customer-first’ approach puts us in a position to provide you with a quality home coverage plan at an affordable price to meet your specific needs.
TYPES OF POLICIES
As a homeowner, we know you take pride in your property and want to have the proper coverage in place. A home insurance plan provides coverage to mitigate liability risk and to protect your dwelling and personal assets. There are multiple types of home coverage options from which to choose such as all-risk policies or named peril policies.
All-risk policies offer all-encompassing protection that covers all damages to your home unless specifically excluded. Floods and earthquakes are not covered under a standard home insurance policy.
Named peril policies (specified perils coverage), provides a customer with a limited protection coverage. These policies only cover specific damages that are listed in the coverage plan.
VIRGINIA HOMEOWNER’S COVERAGE
The following coverage options are included in many homeowner contracts.
- Dwelling - this coverage applies to damage sustained to your home or any related private structures (such as a detached garage or storage shed).
- Personal property- this includes coverage for your belongings inside your house that are stolen, damaged, or destroyed. Furniture, appliances, and clothing are some of the property items covered.
- Liability - if found legally responsible for another person’s injury or property loss, the personal liability coverage will cover the costs. It also offers protection against certain expenses incurred in lawsuits.
- Medical payments - this type of coverage pays for a portion of health care costs incurred in case a person gets hurt on your property.
- Loss of use - This pays for extra living costs, in case your house gets damaged, and you are required to move out of your home. Food, clothing, and shelter are some of the items it may cover.
Whether you are uncertain or feeling overwhelmed from selecting a home insurance policy, Parr Insurance Services will help you navigate the process with ease. Please call or visit one of our offices to learn more about our services and policies.