Request a Quote
Servicing These States
LATEST INSURANCE NEWS
Flood Insurance in Virginia
- Home »
- Flood Insurance
Virginia is one of the most scenic states in the county, with its gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains, lush greenery, and breathtaking views. However, with its wet conditions, the state's homeowners are always at risk for floods. Therefore, if you own a property in Old Dominion, you should protect it with the help of flood insurance. Parr Insurance Services has prepared a list of things you should know about this type of insurance.
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT FLOOD INSURANCE?
- The cost of flood insurance depends on several factors, including the following: geographic location (if your property is in a high-risk flood zone, you have to pay more), the home's value, the elevation of your property, and whether your house has a basement.
- Many people believe that standard home insurance covers flood damage. However, that is not the case. For this reason, separate flood insurance is needed.
- There are options to save some money on flood insurance. You can install flood openings or add elevated utilities to your basement (electrical panels and HVAC), for example.
- Standard flood insurance covers the structure of the home and the personal belongings you keep inside your home and on the property.
- There are certain things that flood insurance will not cover, including damage caused by mildew and moisture, damage caused by earth movement, precious metals, and valuable papers, and additional living expenses that you have if you have to live somewhere else until your home is repaired.
PARR INSURANCE SERVICES - WE WILL FIND A PERFECT POLICY FOR YOU
If you own a home in Old Dominion and you think that it is time to get flood insurance to protect your home, yourself, and belongings, we ready to assist you. Feel free to contact us to learn more about the insurance options we offer and ask any questions you have - we are always here for you.